Thing #1: I Found Out What Doesn't Work...On my quest, I took a lot of high-priced voice lessons and saw no real results. I visited countless vocal coaches and, with each voice lesson, I only saw my range AND my bank account shrink.

Some only gave me more "stuff to remember" while I was singing ("Sing from your diaphragm!!", "Picture an egg in the back of your throat!!").

Others taught me to just belt it out as I went higher, until it caused that old familiar strain and then pain. Still others gave me the "proper" way to sing, making me sound like a misfit classical singer. (Classical singing is wonderful, but it wasn't my style at the time.) Sometimes frustration is the mother of invention.

Something had to happen...

Thing #2: I Found Out What Does Work...I met an "old master" voice coach, nearly 70-years-old. (Imagine a vocal "Yoda," but taller.) In just one singing lesson with this aging pioneer, everything changed.

He made me do some stupid little exercises. And I felt stupid doing them, but I immediately felt the vocal strain "lift off" my voice. I flew past my "break" where I normally had to flip into falsetto--by 7 notes! I immediately booked more singing lessons.

They were super-expensive ($200/hour), but they were worth every penny. These were NOT like any other voice lessons I had ever taken!

Needless to say, I was like a sponge. He had years of experience training some of the nation's most successful pop stars, and he was able to show me singing tips and tricks that were like "insider trading secrets" for singers. And my vocal abilities began to skyrocket. (I made rapid progress that I never saw with other voice coaches).

I became a star pupil and a star teacher! I ended up with a 5-OCTAVE VOCAL RANGE!! (Click here to listen.)

I also found out I was gifted to teach, diagnose, and "fix" voices like few others on the planet. I invented new voice-training technologies and exercises, and came up with my unique method that lets me guarantee a full octave increase to anyone who uses it! The truth is...


Thing #3: I Found Out My Calling...In the past 10 years, word has gotten out about my method, and I've had the privilege of training both new singers as well as some of the best professionals in the world. I've worked with recording artists from Capitol, Columbia, Atlantic, Interscope, Dreamworks, Lyric Street, MCA, Epic/Sony, KMG, Word, Embassy, Gotee Records, as well as countless independent record labels.

I've been privileged to work with the casts of the Broadway productions of Les Miserables and Jekyll and Hyde, as well as the Broadway tour of Elton John's Aida.

My method is the "secret weapon" used by some of the winners of the world’s most prestigious vocal awards, including the Doves, the CMA Awards, and yes, the Grammies.

Over the years I've taught my students these best-kept secrets, learned from my "Yoda" master (and a few I discovered on my own). And it's been the most fulfilling work I've ever done. They've gotten the results they were looking for. Maybe you're looking too.

Not everyone can afford to work with me personally (My teaching time is very expensive)...and I realized that I would never be able to teach everybody these techniques--it would take multiple lifetimes. I put my method into an instruction program called the ( Brett Marring ).


0 ...comment